Can you identify the famous closing lines above?
[Warning – clue below]
To help you here is a list of the titles from which the lines were extracted – as usual they are presented in the order of when the book was published:
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (1818)
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (1845)
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens (1859)
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (1868)
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain (1884)
- Dracula by Bram Stoker (1897)
- The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (1902)
- Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery (1908)
The answers will appear on Friday.